Hadoop Summit is a community conference intended for networking and collaboration in the Apache Hadoop community. We value the participation of all members of the community and want all attendees to have a positive and fulfilling experience. Accordingly, all participants are expected to show respect and courtesy to all other participants throughout the conference and at all conference events.
This Code of Conduct outlines our expectations for participant behavior, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior. We require all conference participants (staff, sponsors, volunteers, speakers, exhibitors, attendees, and other guests) to abide by this Code of Conduct at all conference venues and all conference-related social events to help us ensure a safe, positive and harassment-free experience for everyone.
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert conference organizers if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
- Do not engage in intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning behavior, including but not limited to: offensive conduct or verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability, or physical traits; lewd or sexually explicit or offensive language or conduct, profanity, or obscene gestures; deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact; and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Do not engage in physical or verbal abuse or threats, or the use of any physical force whatsoever against any person that in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive or dangerous, or which creates apprehension in a person, as determined by event management, in their sole discretion.
- Do not bring any item that can be used as a dangerous weapon into any event venue.
- Do not carry any open can, bottle or other receptacle containing any alcoholic beverages, except in areas specifically designated for the consumption of alcohol. Please do drink responsibly.
- Do not bring any illegal substance into any event venue.
- Do not smoke, other than in designated areas.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated whether by other attendees, media, speakers, volunteers, organizers, venue staff, sponsors, or exhibitors. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, conference organizers may take any action that they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the conference without warning or refund.
What to Do if You Witness or are Subject to Unacceptable Behavior
If you are subjected to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns regarding the behavior of other participants, please notify a member of the event staff as soon as possible. Event staff will be available to help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement, to provide escorts, or to otherwise assist those experiencing unacceptable behavior to feel safe for the duration of the conference. All reports to event staff will remain confidential.
The above policies may be revised at any time by Hortonworks, Inc. and are non-negotiable. This Code of Conduct is without prejudice to Hortonworks, Inc.’s rights, all of which it expressly reserves.