The closing date for submitting Speaking Abstracts for Hadoop Summit Europe is NOVEMBER 22. If you are interested in speaking this year, we encourage you to submit your topic today. The Call for Abstracts will close at midnight on November 22, 2013.
Some notes about Summit
We will return to Amsterdam for Hadoop Summit Europe this year (April 2-3, 2013). Also, we have restructured the content for the event to make sure we, as a community, continue to deliver high value technical content. Most notable changes are the addition of the committer track and the unconference.
Please submit your abstract today!
The tracks are outlined below but they aren’t anything without Y-O-U. Hadoop Summit is a great place to further the Hadoop discussion and we’d love for you to submit a talk to be considered for inclusion in the event. Any and all are welcome.
Hadoop Summit Europe 2014 – Content Tracks
- Committers. Come hear it from the elephant’s mouth… This track presents technical deep dive content from committers across a wide range of advanced/basic topics and projects. Speakers in this track are restricted to committers across all Hadoop-related Apache projects and content will be curated by a group of senior committers.
- The Future of Apache Hadoop. The next generation of Hadoop is being built today. This track investigates the key projects, such as YARN, the incubation projects and the industry initiatives driving innovation in and around the Hadoop platform. Attendees will hear from the technical leads, committers, and expert users who are actively driving the roadmaps, key features, and advanced technology research around what is coming next for the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Data Science & Hadoop. Sessions in this track focus on the practice of data science using Hadoop. This includes applications, tools, and algorithms as well as areas of advanced research and emerging applications that use and extend the Hadoop platform for data science. Sessions will cover examples of innovative analytic applications and systems that refine raw data into actionable insight using visualization, statistics and machine learning. Case studies and tips for effective exploration of business data with visualization and statistical models will also be covered.
- Hadoop Deployment & Operations. This track focuses on the deployment, operation and administration of Hadoop clusters at scale, with an emphasis on tips, tricks, best practices and war stories. Sessions will cover the full deployment lifecycle from installation, configuration, and initial production deployment, error recovery, security and fault tolerance for large-scale operations.
- Hadoop for Business Applications and Development Hadoop is central to the modern data architecture and must integrate with the tools and applications you already use or empower new applications to be built on top of it. Speakers in this track will discuss languages, tools, techniques, and solutions for deriving business value and competitive advantage from the large volumes of data flowing through today’s enterprise.
We are looking forward to an exciting and valuable conference this year and thank you in advance for taking a part in the event!